Your cart is empty
Episode 3: The State of Destination Marketing in 2017
Our Analyst Calls include engaging visuals and discussions featuring our talented bench of researchers, editors and special guests ready to debate the evolution of travel. Analyst Episodes are available exclusively for Skift Research Subscribers, subscribe now to get access to all our Research Reports, Analyst Calls, and Data Sheets.
Destination marketing is a changing landscape. Technological innovations and emerging trends in content marketing and data analytics are paving the way for numerous exciting opportunities for those working in the destination marketing space. Programmatic advertising is making automation and targeting easier, and a number of key players in the travel tech space have released solutions specifically designed for use by DMOs and convention visitors bureaus (CVBs). Facebook’s dynamic ads are yielding good returns and some DMOs are implementing video (and, in some cases, virtual reality) marketing strategies, refining how they work with influencers and exploring opportunities for partnerships with online travel agencies (OTAs).
- Funding and spend outlook for DMOs
- Shifting spend from offline to digital and vice-versa
- Digital advertising channels and content
- Competing in an increasingly noisy digital landscape
- Luke Bujarski - Director, Skift Research
- Jared Wein - Senior Analyst, Skift Research
- Margot Bigg - Contributing Analyst, Skift Research
- Dan Peltier - Tourism Reporter, Skift