Ever wonder how much of hotel sales are driven by online travel agencies, exactly? And how is that different at branded versus independent properties? Skift Research’s latest report takes a deep dive into hotel distribution channels and the outlook for hoteliers to drive direct bookings in 2021 and beyond.
Built around a proprietary survey of hospitality operators, we are able to get a look into how many bookings each of nine different distribution channels deliver across the industry as well as the cost for each method.
Skift Research looks at both pre-pandemic baseline distribution channels, how the pandemic has shifted booking behavior and the prospects for driving direct bookings in 2021 at both branded and independent properties.
What You'll Learn From This Report
- The Pre-COVID state of hospitality distribution
- How third parties remain a crucial part of hotel distribution strategy
- Direct booking’s evolution from 2017 – 2019
- How brands and independents differ in their distribution mixes
- Distribution channels for Alternative Accommodations
- Analysis of costs and commissions for all distribution channels
- Where loyalty programs fit in the distribution mix
- The Impact of COVID-19 on hospitality distribution
- What the future distribution might look like
- Challenges and recommendations for driving direct bookings