The hotel Property Management Systems (PMS) vendor landscape has a few large players, but can be characterized as extremely fragmented. Skift Research’s new data tool, the Hotel Tech Benchmark, provides an extensive data set to help you understand this space.
One of the largest shifts seen in the PMS landscape is the move from on-premise physical systems to run hotel operations, to cloud-based systems. A number of legacy vendors, including Oracle Hospitality, Protel, Sabre, and Infor have been forced to innovate and find solutions to not fall behind the competition as this move to the cloud speeds up. More discussions on the most important trends and developments in the PMS space can be found in our report The Property Management Systems Landscape 2020.
This report, instead, provides a discussion of the vendor landscape, providing insights into the penetration of PMSs in hotels, the total market size and potential of the space, and an extensive list of top vendors.
Data in this report is accurate as of November 2021. For the latest updated information, Skift Research subscribers can access our Hotel Tech Benchmark dashboard, which is updated regularly as we collect more data from hotel tech vendors.
What You'll Learn From This Report
- Total annual revenues for the PMS tech category
- Growth potential for the category, expressed in U.S. dollars
- Market shares for 87 PMS vendors, based on the amount of hotels and rooms they service
- Market share split by third party and hotel brand proprietary systems
- Breakdown of revenue streams for third-party vendors