The pandemic has accelerated the adoption of new technologies in the hotel industry, with contactless tech offerings at the forefront. Contactless technology offers hotels opportunities to reopen or continue operations in a responsible and safe way. But the impact of the adoption of these technologies will outlast this crisis.
The need for more contactless technology in hotels is clear when looking at the plethora of surveys pointing this out. In this report we add in two ways to the discussion.
Firstly, we discuss the efficacy and longevity of contactless technologies, particularly in light of ever changing consumer demands, and the issues with aging hotel technology which pre-date the current pandemic.
Secondly, we provide a clear and unbiased overview of the contactless tech that is available, discussing their advantages and drawbacks. We provide a market map which highlights 50 key tech vendors that are innovating the space, and we visualize the interactions between different types of technology used in hotels.
What You'll Learn From This Report
- What surveys tell us about the need for more contactless tech in hotels.
- The main types of contactless tech, their advantages and drawbacks.
- Where contactless tech sits in the larger hotel tech stack.
- Which contactless technologies will stick, and which might falter.
- What the contactless tech vendor landscape looks like, and 50 vendors that are bringing contactless innovation to the hotel industry.
- Daan de Bruijn - Founder and CEO at Bookboost
- Gertjan Dewaele - Product Director Innovation, Airline & Travel at Ingenico ePayments
- Michael Driedger - CEO at Operto
- Jason Dumas - Founder and CEO at Wireless Guardian
- Patrick Dunphy - Chief Information Officer at HTNG
- Tristan Gadsby - Founder and CEO at Alliants
- Julie Grieve - Founder and CEO at Criton
- Benjamin Jost - Co-founder and CEO at TrustYou
- Eric Liebman - Global Head of Travel at Ingenico ePayments
- Patrick Lomsdalen - Founder and CEO at Flexipass
- David Mezuman - Co-founder and CEO at Wishbox
- Casper Overbeek - Director of Customer Experience at CitizenM
- Andrew Pirret - Vice President Product at Alliants
- Stefan Renziehausen - Executive Director Operations at SABA Hospitality
- Rahul Salgia - Founder and CEO at Digivalet
- Jonathan Springford - Commercial Director at 4Suites
- John Stojka - Co-founder at Sertifi
- Selina Strobel - Marketing Manager at Code2Order
- Byron Webster - Executive Director Sales & Marketing at SABA Hospitality
- Matthijs Welle - CEO at Mews