We launched our monthly travel tracker survey on February 25-28, 2020, clueless of how the year would unfold and crumble down on us. As travel dwindled to a trickle, our monthly reports have focused on capturing top-line travel trends, tracking how deep the pandemic is impacting travel, and detecting early signs of recovery.
Now that we have a full-year’s data with us, we believe we have enough sample size to drill down to the more granular questions we’ve asked in the survey. In this report, we combine our March – December survey data, which totals 10,062 respondents, and present key findings on who traveled and how they traveled during the pandemic, including booking methods, travel companions, accommodations, transportations, and destinations, for both personal and business travel. We are also able to aggregate top hotels and airlines that Americans used, with details of loyalty membership and consumer satisfaction of leading travel brands.
What You'll Learn From This Report
- Traveler demographics
- Personal travel deep dive, including:
- Travel companions, with highlights of solo travelers and traveling with kids
- Payment responsibilities
- Accommodation types, booking methods, top hotels, loyalty memberships and guest satisfactions
- Comparison between hotel and short-term rental guests
- Flight booking methods, top airlines, loyalty memberships and consumer satisfactions