Skift Research Take
While other hotel brand companies are focused on merger integrations and becoming asset-light, InterContinental Hotels (IHG) is emerging as a leader in hospitality tech innovation and developing itself into a nimbler, more diversified company. The company's key areas of focus are making it a smarter, better hotel company that is well-positioned no matter what the future looks like.
InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) is establishing itself as a leader in hospitality tech innovation and developing itself into a nimbler, more diversified company. IHG Concerto is the first of its kind hotel tech solution, offering owners reservation, revenue, and property management solutions all in one platform, with the ability to roll out new functionalities easily over time. As IHG works to improve operations for hotel owners, the company has also been strengthening its own business. The company is now much more diversified geographically and in terms of brand offerings than it was before the previous economic recession. We don’t know precisely when the next recession will occur, but IHG’s key areas of focus are making it a smarter, better hotel company that is well-positioned no matter what the future looks like.
What You'll Learn From This Report
- An overview of IHG by the numbers: Sales, earnings, supply, and pipeline
- Geography and property types: IHG’s past, present, and future
- A description of IHG’s recent tech developments
- Owner views of IHG’s technology solutions and views of new IHG Concerto
- Then versus now: An assessment of IHG’s positioning ahead of the next recession
- Owner views on Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express brand renovations and expectations
- A description of other areas of strength for the company
- Skift Research forecasts for IHG’s 2019 RevPAR (revenue per available room), revenue, and earnings
- Company risks