Your cart is empty
Episode 1: Google’s Reach and Impact on Travel
Our Analyst Calls include engaging visuals and discussions featuring our talented bench of researchers, editors and special guests ready to debate the evolution of travel. Analyst Episodes are available exclusively for Skift Research Subscribers, subscribe now to get access to all our Research Reports, Analyst Calls, and Data Sheets.
Google wants to control everything we do on the web; travel is no exception. This tech giant already owns up to 90% of digital advertising spend in travel, but it likely won't stop there.
In our first Skift Analyst Streamcast, we discuss Google's steady and seemingly relentless push into online travel. From search to bookings to reviews to the launch of Flights and Hotel Ads, the search giant has made its intentions quite clear. Established players are rightfully concerned about what Google means for the future of travel. Our panel presents slides and data on market share and other stats while discussing impacts on the overall landscape.
- Google’s vast and complex reach in the travel industry
- Online travel consolidation
- Digital Transformation Survey results
- Google’s travel windfall
- Google Flights
- Hotel Ads
- Why Google is not becoming an OTA
- Luke Bujarski - Director, Skift Research
- Dennis Schaal - Executive Editor, Skift
- Jared Wein - Senior Analyst, Skift Research